Margrethe Vestager is Executive Vice-President for A Europe Fit for the Digital Age and Competition, European Commission. She previously served as Commissioner for Competition (2014-19).
She was Minister for Economic Affairs and the Interior (2011-14) and Minister for Education (1998-2001) of Denmark; President of the ECOFIN Council during the Danish EU Presidency (2012).
She was Political leader of the Danish Social Liberal Party (2007-14), and has worked for the Danish Ministry of Finance (1993-95).
Ms. Vestager holds an MSc in Economics (University of Copenhagen).
- Setting the strategic direction of the political priority "Europe Fit for the Digital Age".
- Chairing the Commissioners’ Group on a Europe Fit for the Digital Age
- Commissioner for Competition.
- Co-leading on a strategy on small and medium-sized businesses and start-ups and a long-term strategy for the EU's industrial future, including competition aspects.
- Ensuring synergies between civil, defence and space industries.
- Coordinating work on a European strategy on data and on a European approach to artificial intelligence, including its human and ethical implications.
- Steering work on upgrading liability and safety rules for digital platforms, services and products as part of a new Digital Services Act, ensuring working conditions of platform workers are properly addressed.
- Coordinating the Commission's work to achieve fair digital taxation.
- Strengthening the enforcement of, and reviewing, EU competition rules.
Letzte Veranstaltung mit Margrethe Vestager
Meet & Greet digital | Was KI „Made in Europe“ braucht – Transfer beschleunigen, Regulierung innovativ gestalten
Künstliche Intelligenz (KI) ist ein entscheidender Baustein für die Zukunftsfähigkeit unserer Wirtschaft. In Unternehmen werden KI-Systeme zunehmend genutzt, um die Produktivität und Geschäftskontinuität zu sichern. Dabei ergeben sich auch Möglichkeiten, neue Geschäftsfelder zu erschließen. #JetztZukunft und #KI